http://www.allimartin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/self-winding_framed-logo-300x138.jpg 0 0 Alli http://www.allimartin.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/self-winding_framed-logo-300x138.jpg Alli2017-06-06 10:45:212017-06-05 09:48:58Works in Progress
Works in Progress
Last week on Twitter a Works in Progress Meme circulated, and I couldn’t resist playing along.
Here’s what I shared according to the likes I received:
- Novel: Gay Airship Pirates, which now includes a feminist book binding sharpshooter and her paraplegic husband who is more awesome than you.
- Short Story: Space Mermaids, which are not mermaids because space, but still lure sailors to their doom… or do they??? Queer protag; snarky girlfriend.
- Short Story: New Orleans house has so much character it possesses a girl and has to come to grips with being mortal.
- Short Story: WWII Coffee Robots—everything changes post V-E Day; is there still a place in the world/economy for robots? Also, robots <3 cats.
- Novel: Time Traveling Archeologists steal artifacts from the past—that’s why some objects become “lost to time.” (inspiration: Daniel Jackson/Robin Hood)
- Novel/Series: THE STEAMPUNK—secret organization seeks to overthrow the monarchy, unwitting machinists & opera singers get involved. Co-authored with @momebie.
- Novel: Space pirate/book collector collab with @sopdet. Adventures! Romance! Books!
- Short Story/Novella: An amateur scientist “tests” a window that allows you to see 2 weeks into the future. One day he doesn’t see himself outside the window.
- Short Story: Arrogant scientist proclaims the end is here! His sentient robots keep up the sham that the world ended to protect his fragile ego.
- Short Story: An old creepy doll abandoned on a park bench gains sentience because people assume it has sentience.
- Novella/Novel?: Pair of spy sisters have telepathy, but only when drinking tea.
- Short Story/Novella?: Scientists create “metallic mermaids” to save ships, but then the mermaids start reconstructing shipwrecks and bringing them to the surface.
What works do you have in progress?